Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Still on ChongQing: Looking for Simplicity



Not so long ago I had a first taste of a rural experience. It was my first rough travel. Couldn't find McDonalds, coke nor coffee but had to deal with multiple home-cooked meals. What made meal times more challenging was the "love" at the table. No common spoons for the dishes. Everyone dips their chopsticks into the soup/ gravy - including the stranger bus-driver...hmm....

It was tough, but right now I am itching to do another rough travel again. Let it be Bhutan, Nepal or even India. No longer interested in comfy cities tours. I know my mum would sigh "always itching for challenges"...


These days at work, its all about avoiding the retrenchment axe. It becomes real when I see individuals disappearing. It becomes more real when a friend asked if my Dad's firm might be recruiting since his friend was axed.

Trading activities have also diminished. I finish my work earlier than usual and reach home earlier than before. Hmm, I guess I should just be contented to have a job now, but returning home early is really not my cup of tea. In fact, I finished my work @ 630pm just now (first time!)... took a train to Orchard - walked a detour, went into a CD shop to listen to free music, and then walked home.

Mr Gui is in Tokyo now. He is on a business trip. He went to a Jazz bar last evening, and today he has to go to DisneySea. Whoa, why won't I want his job?

No comments: