Monday, December 15, 2008

The Start of my Vacation...


... Hmm, I'm sure many would want to be in my shoes. Two weeks of vacation days to clear! This is however the first time I am staying in Singapore while clearing my leave.

I have two weeks to kill. Initially I was filled with fears with two weeks of non-work time. Ah well, after struggling three days with food poisoning, I realized I might just be able to cope with little pleasures of life at home.

I woke up this morning at 10am, defying the 8am alarm that went off. Not as early as I intended to, but hey its vacation! So far, spent an hour on the newspapers, and basically came back to my desk with a To-Do list for the vacation - mainly adminstrative.

ok, with pockets of time available in my hands, I really should consider what I wana do... catch up on reading, being reflective of 2008... Yes! because when you are working, you are too busy to reflect or think if this is the direction you wana head to. Whenever I used to have vacation days, I would fly out of the country & lah lah lah enjoy - never took the time to *think***.

There, I'm going to try being a nice girl this week (at least). Not going to complain about boredom as I frequently did for the past two weeks, & always wanting to do more. Will quietly catch up on reading, practice my yoga faithfully, look out for symphony orchestra to attend, and to some soul searching. Today is Day 1, let see how it rolls!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

so shiok....come visit me in PASIR RIS!!!! hheheh

Mum of 2 said...

Enjoy babe! 2 weeks to me is short!

eimi said...

huh Candy - u on leave now? ;p

eimi said...

haha Mrs Fok - two weeks in Sg - thats the first time for me... so we'll see... if at the end of it whether its too long or too short... but so far Mon & Tues in Lah Lah land has been Great!!

Anonymous said...

no lah....where got so shiok heh...COME VISIT ME AT NIGHT!!! or in the evening...or come my house for dinner...or.....PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA

eimi said...

haha hey u r the one with the car sia...

hey if u are free can meet on Monday 4 lunch or dinner (but i need to be back by 10 to watch Desperate HW ;p)..i'm actually in International Plaza (TP) these few days...;o

Anonymous said...

but but i wanna invite you to my new place...together with your sis lah....heh i'm on MC this monday...got doctor's appt ;p

eimi said...

ooh new place!! ok... i'll discuss with Jup =) Congrats, did you draw on your wall again? ;p