Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Feel like writing, out of the blue....




How many of us out there are really happy with what we have found in our life? How many of us out there are actually confused with what we really want?

Today I met up with a old friend for lunch. He has beeing seeing a girl for 10 months, and he looked blissed. Very happy for him.

I don't know how to explain my situation, but I am glad that my religion has stayed with me. In tough times, your mind is your strongest support (much as you can listen to the advice of people around you, it is limited).

Maybe I wish that things could be different, but for now I know I am remaining disciplined.

My sweet colleague passed me a book... here is an extract: By changing yourself, by realising the nature of self through selflessness, self-discipline and self-exertion, you can achieve perfection. By achieving perfection, your life becomes meaningful and you can tender great service to others. People will be inspired by your example; they will follow you and also achieve the common aim in life.

Maybe thats how I should live my life... its no longer about wants.. but perhaps making the best use of the precious and limited lifespan that each of us are given... we'll see...

but hey this is not an entry on pessimism - just trying to find myself...

2 comments:

Eeps & Weexy said...

Quite a similar entry about living life fruitfully. It's all about finishing well!

eimi said...

was in a slightly confused + reflective mood - thats why your entry caught my attention too!

finishing well - and experiencing and learning from the process too ;)

good weekend to u!