Sunday, July 06, 2008

In Love with Music

This was the challenging work week - oh well I confess - I went back to the office on Saturday for half a day too. Not done - work will never get done. But today I really disciplined myself not to work - not to login - coz i know that even if there are problems, it would sort itself out during the work week. Work is a slice of life - it cannot be everything - some individuals recognize that - some don't/ won't.

This week, my new found music love was Diana Krall - a jazz singer - The Look of Love album. Happy to be discovering new music and feeling more alive. Also in a bit of opera mood this week... listening to Phantom of the Opera now. Also my sister's favourite - although we both agree that it can be quite scary to listen to that album in the night.

A colleague lent me his ipod Touch - kinda unlucky - the brightness went very dim after the battery went down to just 10% level; and now it never goes back to the usual brightness - can't see the screen clearly now unless there is lighting. I walked over to the ipod store today and the service provider is closed on a Sunday... Have to get it sorted - feeling bad (although I know its not my fault) - apparently its a known technical problem with the ipod Touch - but damn it has to happen when it is with me!! yeeks!

Life goes on - hoping this coming work week will be good - I'll be good & everything will be good. Maybe its not good enough to hope - I have not not be chanting - gosh what happened? I went to Mogu Mogu for lunch today and read the following. I know its a cliche but so often forgotten in our daily life.

Most people are always carrying the burden of the past, anticipating the future, while missing life in the present...Be a person who dissolves into the present.. Yeh!.. Do not be a slave who carries the burden of the past and anticipates the future. Yeh!.. Be like a boat that flows in time and space...Yeh!

I know what you are thinking.. whats with the language...oh well this is extracted from the comic on Heart Sutra - hai, so desu.

No comments: