Sunday, July 13, 2008

Mystic Friend



Seems to be getting a bit more difficult in finding the time to write. Still, life is pointless without stopping periodically to reflect what has happened for the week or so...

Work-wise, the toughness has reduced slightly towards the end of the week. My mentor has advised me to keep a record of how time is spent daily in order to find out why we work late sometimes as it is not sustainable... (hee and my late was just two days at 9pm during month end... good that it caught his attention and he decided its not sustainable!). Some change management expected to come...!

We went to get the ipod touch fixed - and guess what - the apple service provider is exchanging an entirely new one for him! and it can be collected shortly next week! whoa... he was grinning from ear to ear and I kept teasing "how are you going to thank me for this new ipod?!!"... Very good after-sales from Apple I must say.

While waiting for the ipod touch to be diagnosed, we had an interesting conversation ranging from work (which we shouldn't have gotten there) to hmmm Buddhism! I always had this funny funny feeling at the back of my head that he could be inclined towards Buddhism - although extremely low chance & slightly ridiculous..and he really surprised me this time. His understanding of Buddhism (as compared to other religions as a choice) was very profound, and he has read books on Dalai Lama too. SHOCKING... what does he not explore?

Actually the more important step we took was to seat down, had a cold drink and figure out where this friendship was going. Luckily...phew..phew.. we decided that this is friendship - a friendship that is going from good to great, and since we make each other laugh so much, there is no reason to throw this away...So, we will continue to share books, music and movies to come!

Ok I bought two more CDs on Diana Krall this week... gotto share one video here at least ;)... Enjoy!

No comments: