Sunday, July 27, 2008

My weekend...the time I look forward to..

Started my Saturday at Takashimaya at the pots section. Taka had a good promotion yesterday. With every $100 you spent, you get $10 cash voucher in return (with the Taka Platinum card). Spent about an hour there, and my friend bought about $1,500 worth of pots and pans. Hee, I used my card, and we managed to get $100 worth of Taka vouchers - which we utilized on the day itself.

Funny promotion. Even the pots and pans were discounted at 30%. Good buy. And I thought the the Great Singapore Sale was over last weekend?!

Went to Wheelock - sent in the ipod for a second time! and quickly grabbed a shampoo.

Bought a hot chocolate from Coffee Bean and finally could calm down and walked over to Mogu Mogu for lunch. After lunch, I walked home from Far East. Don't know how long it took, but with my ipod stuck in my ears, and in high heels, I walked along Stevens Road. Funny, but I do enjoy such moments alone. Reached home - a little sweaty, I napped... and then headed to the pool for a swim and a read of The Last Chinese Chef.

In the evening, I had to attend a friend's father's 60th birthday dinner. Survivable...heehee. It was an architect's home. Done up nicely with calligraphy, art sculptures, buddhism art, and Tibetan sculptures. Very good food provided too - oysters, fondue, chesse and crackers, wine... But I didnt find anyone stimulating enough to speak to at the party. Pleasant conversations... Took off at about 9pm.


Sunday - not much of a splash... listening to Diana Krall now. Gonna run around the hills in the sun in a bit! Thats how I feel alive... dont know what else I'll be doing this evening. Trying to remain disciplined not to login to work - probably read a book and see what else exciting might happen?!!!

Applicable to my work now is an extract that I read today:

Whether a life situation is wonderful or not depends on the way your mind perceives and interprets it. You can choose to label an experience "wonderful" or "a problem." It depends completely upon your mind, upon your interpretation.

Kyabje Lama Zopa Rinpoche

Meanwhile, enjoy this song by Diana Krall: Lets fall in Love.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe....waahhh i used to listen to Diana Krall....used to lah...

eimi said...

I think she's good! Grammy awards! although some think otherwise

Anonymous said...

yeah not much ppl like her style

eimi said...

yea just realized that there are a number of critics around me abt her too.... but for me she's really good for winding down with a book before my bedtime - so she's definitely my fav currently ;)