Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Ginza
Above was taken at Ginza (most exclusive and expensive shopping area in Japan) when having a coffee break with family.

What's happening
Lately and unbelievably, I have been busy with watching a Korean drama series - Princess Hours, which was based on a comic book series. All thanks to Steven who insisted this is one of the most popular shows going on right now and so I should take a peek. I was also given a 3 weeks deadline to finish all 24 series, which explains the addiction.

What's up with life
I never used to follow drama series, nor could I understand why friends around me talk about drama series excitedly! Now I know why. The romances, how one overcomes hardships and finds true love must be the main reasons. Initially I continued watching one episode after another just because I want to find out the ending. Now in my final disk, I find myself basking in the fairy tale love. I now realise what Dalai Lama's book was referring to. In the book it mentioned "Our need for other people is paradoxical. At the same time that our culture is caught up in the celebration of fierce independence, we also yearn for intimacy and connection with a special loved one. We focus all our energy on finding the one person who we hope will heal our loneliness yet prop up our illusion that we are still independent." The book also went on to say that the notion of that 'One Special Person' is a product of time and cutlure. I guess media definitely has played a key role in romanticzing love and intimacy. So, do people crave for romance and intimacy because they feel something missing in their life; or do they really know what true love is?


1 comment:

Mum of 2 said...

Whoa..Nice pic :)