Friday, November 24, 2006

Chai TAO KUEY in Tokyo?

How does the above carrot cake appeal to you? When I first saw it dished out, I was shocked.

It looked like Chinese omelette. I have also never seen chai tao kuey(carrot cake) served so elegantly on an artistic plate. Even the chilli is served with such a perfectionism circle. Some lettuce on the side for the health conscious?

But at least this is the closest Tokyo has to offer next to Newton Circus in Singapore!

Special thanks to Connie for pointing out my deficient in dialect spelling. I published this post with Chai Chao Kwai initially. Guess it was a mix of Hanyu Pinyin and my mother's chinese name..hahaha

4 comments:

Mum of 2 said...

haha, anyway, not very sure if i am right also. but i guess is better than ur initial chai chao kwai ;p

eimi said...

Ooh, you better be right, otherwise my Japanese friends would be knowing the wrong names on my blog hehe...

Mum of 2 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mum of 2 said...

oops. i better confirm again in my next hawker visit! :p