Tuesday, December 05, 2006


My Update

This week was year end @ work. It was busy but less busy than I expected.





Weekends, I attended a Singaporean buffet lunch organised by the Embassy and met a new bunch of Singaporeans who are mainly working with Investment Banks here too. Seems like Japan's financial sector has a huge appetite for Singaporeans. There was Ba Ku Teh at the buffet. Friends who have relocated here for about 2 years said "Oh its terrible". However a lady who has been here for 8 years said "Oh its so delicious, you have to try it!". Of course she has forgotten how authentic Singapore food tastes.

Sunday, I headed to Harajuku for a cake feast. 5 of us had 6 slices of fruit cakes! Its extremely delicious. I have to say I have hardly tasted this standard in Singapore. In the above pic are some of the good gfs (not the chambermaid!) I have been hanging out with. Still, Phil is returning back to Sg in 2 weeks time; and Eva is relocated to New York end of the year. I am really happy to have met them as they filled up a lot of my happy gf memories at this age.

I feel like I live day by day; just like I analyse my daily PNL day-by-day. Currently I have a tentative date to return to Singapore, but no concrete timing. Sometimes it feels like it is hard to set long term goals. Or maybe I have none anyway.

As Winston just told me "I should treasure the remaining days here". Besides all my new found friends, I wonder how much I have changed or grew mentally.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No surprises; thats what relocation and being alone can do. It is definitely a good opportunity to be in a situation to rethink what you want out of life; staying put & being familiar in one place with family and friends sometimes doesnt allow objectivity necessary to re-evaluate life.

Anonymous said...

Yes! valuable experience to be based internationally. Staying in one place may just scratch the surface of life. Life should be analyzed properly. It takes effort to relocate too. Knowing how to make the best use of an overseas exposure is anothoer story. But at least there must be that opportunity to begin with.