Sunday, November 12, 2006

Changes


The Shirasagai-no-mai (White Heron Dance) describes dancers dressed in heron costumes. This is a Shinto ritual performed over 1000 years ago to drive out the plague.

This weekend however, I didnt do anything cultural. In fact, I did something trendy. I shopped at Takashimaya with three other girlfriends. We had tea, and I bought myself a Burberry skirt. In the evening, I have arranged for a Japanese friend to teach us Japanese make-up. The technics are truely different from Singapore, Hong Kong or Korea style. I have never seen my eyes so accentuated nor my lashes being that long.

Much as my blog entries would proof that every weekend is extremely exploratory, the excitment seems to be getting into a routine. I guess it is nice to be a tourist once in a while, but here I am often so every other two weeks. Can anyone really live like a tourist every other two weeks? Maybe it is nicer to be back home, being cared for and having more closeness with family; rather than having the ability to spend yens on a Burberry skirt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Eimi,

Can't believe you and your friends had the opportunity to learn Japanese make-up first hand. I think they are really great at it.

Check out this website I found called eye-talk which can transform eyes!
http://www.koji-honpo.co.jp/makeup/movie/eye_talk_300.html

Anonymous said...

Beauty doesn't last a lifetime, but make-up technics can!