Monday, August 27, 2007

All the talk about Being Prim & Proper

Till today I still remember what a university friend said to me "I dont mind being a mistress" - how dangerous can women be.

Hanging out with MXXX frequently, I often see how different women clinged on to him. At mid 30's, he has a landed property, sports car, flies SQ business class for vacations & pays for the girl, a waterbed, constant supply of Cordon Bleu, and almost always offer a sum of money to help the lady in distress & her family. How does it sound when someone offers to buy an apartment for your family & almost instantly changes your standard of living, which otherwise might never be possible?



I admit - - I despise such behaviours. However, having gone through some emotional roller coaster myself over the last two months, I realize you have to experience the down times in life yourself, see how you coped with it, before deciding if you can make a call and despise others' behaviours. Tough times can bring out the ugliest of the personalities. If you havent been there, dont keep preaching about how the world should behave.

I dont agree with her behaviour. But I am attempting to move away from despising. For a girl with no proper education, no family to care for her, but she has the looks, the figure, hardworking in the kitchen and garden, the best deal she can ever make in her life would be to clinch a good husband. Dont know how things would turn out in the long run, but at least I now understand where she is coming from...not that I agree, but I understand.

For me, in tough times... I am a cheater. Since 21 years old, whenever I feel sad or heartbroken, guess what I'll do... I read the newspapers. Losing your child overnight when the car suddenly goes into flame. Crossing the finishing line, not knowing it is the last they would ever see their family or loved ones... There are so much more people out there in desperate need of help, in an unfortunate state of flooding or suffering, those living under conditions of poverty, hardship and pain. I am not taking relative joy in their plights, but really there is a lot more real pain out there and you realize what you are going through is probably nothing... at least for my problems I try to think this way.

6 comments:

Mum of 2 said...

Wooo... I like ur blog entry here.. :)

eimi said...

oooh thanks, although I dont know which part you liked - the fact that I spill the beans on my fren and his dates, or how I get over a broken heart... haha

ok I get it, so thank you.

Mum of 2 said...

I like the part where you says how one fate change after meeting the rich.

Haha..but then again, if the poor gal is nt after the rich's money and is because of true love, then is another story.

Well, is not spilling, the fact that u did not mention names....blog supposed 2 to be personal but after some time it becomes public and we often think twice when writing. That's my personal opinion.

Anonymous said...

hi emi,

I agree with you.. never comment on other's behaviour until you are in their shoes and walked 100 miles.....

what emoitional roller coaster have you been going through? cant wait to see you soon.. we both need to talk...

cheers
E

eimi said...

Hi B,

Yap we are all curious to see how the story unfolds. At the moment, we cant really tell if it is true love or not. But then again, they have already signed the papers ;-)

eimi said...

hi E,

Yap cant wait to catch up with you & Haruka. Just checked ticket prices to NYC, its really crazy!! but it shall be worth it because of both of you ;)