Thursday, August 23, 2007

Amed, Bali's Charm

"I dont like Bali". That is what I frequently hear. But of course, if you choose to go South to the touristic spot that was once bombed. I chose to drive all the way to the East which of course took longer hours. In Amed, I was constantly approached by friendly locals - "Hi!". No push selling, which is what I hate most - but hey only in Amed.. if you went out of Amed and a little more central, you would be surrounded by aggressive salesman/ woman again. I hope it never changes there.

Everyone thinks I have an interesting opportunity at work, having to start up a new team. Apart from learning new technicals, products and P&L pieces, I also had to do more administrative planning for my team. Yes I had to set up a Deployment and Administrative Shared Folder. I now monitor system performances, processes causing time lag to even birthdays and vacation days of team members. It is all not that easy, but I guess that satisfies my fear of being stagnant. More work, but more learning, and less complains of feeling bored.



















No comments: