Saturday, July 07, 2007

Me in My Own World of Travelling




鎌倉市


Yesterday evening, I spent some good time looking through my travel pictures. Yet again, I can never get bored of it.


Last Spring @ 新宿御苑




In a world of your own, you feel loneliness, you get out of your comfort zone, and discover things around you and about yourself, which you would never do if you were constantly surrounded by a familiar environment. My boss from London has spent a good year travelling in Asia Pacific - a mentality most Asians would not (perhaps not even myself).

My bf who has stayed in the States and has travelled frequently since young, says that Japan is the only country he misses on a daily basis. The food quality, architecture standard, interesting merchandises, customer service that cares, diversity of cultural events, abundance of nature out of the city and pleasant politeness despite the crowd, makes everyday living a desirable combination. I think I may want to retire in Hokkaido.

I read about Viktor Frankl today, who was imprisoned by the Nazis in World Was II. Throughout his ordeal, he could not help but see that, among those given a chance for survival, it was those who held on to a vision of the future -- whether it be a significant task before them, or a return to their loved ones -- that were most likely to survive their suffering. It was not based on youth or physical strength. One of the ways he found the strength to fight to stay alive and not lose hope was to think of his wife. Frankl clearly saw that it was those who had nothing to live for who died quickest in the concentration camp.

On a lighter note, check out this Whatever video... So Cute!

No comments: