Tuesday, July 10, 2007

So Much to Learn!

Hooh, finally it is over. Can't believe I actually lost sleep over a new business process model. Thought through the reasonings last night why I didnt think it would work out in the long term; and asked my boss for a meeting before he flew back to London today.

Fortunately he was very receptive; but (maybe unfortunately) I would have to take on heavier review responsibilities.

It was a load off my mind. I feel more confident should I need to voice my opinion in future. I am beginning to appreciate challenges now - although if I reflect back, I should be cooler - and not lose sleep over work!

This year's Singapore Chef of the Year award goes to a Marriot Hotel chef. The creation is "King Prawns with Potato Cake Served with Cod & Dry Scallop Wanton" - complex!!

According to Channel News Asia:

Judges picked his "King Prawns with Potato Cake Served with Cod & Dry Scallop Wanton" as one that truly represents Singapore.

This dish is for the 4 races in Singapore - the Eurasians, Chinese, Indian and Malay.

When I finished reading the above, in my tired mind, I was wondering which delicacy represented each race?!!

Luckily, it goes on to explain...
The sauce is hot and sweet, and the potato cake is very soft and crispy. Because Asians like sweet, hot and sour stuff, and Europeans like potato very much. You can taste the 4 tastes - bitter, sweet, sour and hot," said chef Kek.

Ok, I didnt have to guess which food item was representive of which race... zzz

2 comments:

Eeps & Weexy said...

Good for you. There's nothing more undeserving than self-inflicted stress.

eimi said...

Yeap first daring experience!

Hopefully I have mastered the art of looking at a problem objectively without much emotional involvment!