Sunday, July 22, 2007

History packed Kyoto


Kyoto, the capital of Japan from 794 until the Meiji Emperor moved the capital to Tokyo in 1869. I spent a good 4 days 3 nights in Kyoto. I took this picture at the old imperial palace. Although every corner was packed with history, I thought this shot captured a touch of contemporary at the Kyoto Imperial Palace.

Nothing extraordinary happened this week. Perhaps I was a bit more of a tour guide for my London visitors. I introduced Killiney, Dim Sum and Char Siew Rice to my colleagues. On Friday evening, we attended the corporate bowling event. The traders won. We later went to a colleague's apartment @ Fraiser and played beer drinking games... funny... Left after a while, and for the first time I stepped into St James. I had more champagne and whiskey. Crazy evening!

No comments: