Sunday, August 24, 2008

WHILE WATCHING OLYMPICS

This may be the longest time I take to write an entry. Oh well, having my laptop right in front of the TV, as I became a couch potato today glued to the Gold Medal matches of Olympics - Basketball and Volleyball.







Pictures taken from Times Square & Fifth Avenue stroll in Manhattan.

Why I chose this? Cheesy, but I am having a coke now [the coke side of life..??] while enjoying the Olympic sport [okay that was taken from the World of Disney store]. Donald Trump - do I need to say more -Thinking Big is definitely closely related to the Olympic honours.


The Olympic games - it is not only about watching the world's best clinch their titles. Most memorable to me was the Men's Vollyball Gold Medal Match. I remember how Clayton Stanley from the USA team screwed up the first two spikes in exactly the same manner; but how he was eventually one of the key player who helped the team secured the gold. I remember his expression - how he was unhappy with himself initially, but eventually see the fire, determination and focus in his eyes. Equally impressive (very) was Giba, to me one of the best players in the Brazil team. To me, he played with perfection and wits. He pointed to his head - probably reminding his team-players to not only play with good physical strength and stamina, but with intelligence. What touched my heart most, was reading the news thereafter. The U.S. coach's father-in-law was stabbed to death in Beijing.

While reading the Heart Sutra comic, here's one that striked my mind: Although we have not changed, we cannot deny changes in external factors. The essence of living is to continually dissolve into space and time in which we happen to be. Therefore, we should face reality instead of fooling ourselves in daydreams.

Easier said than done. Is this a challenge I have to go through now? Accept whatever is presented to me? Dissolve in it. If I succeed in dissolving in it, am I a success (even though I am unhappy? or am i supposed to find a way to be happy dissolving in it?)?

Also, why did you have to contact me? I succeeded well for three days (oops only three? seems like a long period of time)...

Dissolve...[easier said than done!!]

No comments: