Sunday, August 10, 2008

Our Morning Visit


Well I have not visited Shifu in awhile. This morning, Irwin and I drove down to Lucky Heights, munching Old Chang Kee curry puffs and spring rolls on our ride down.




It is always calming to visit him. When we first sat down, I didn't even have to open my mouth.

"Your work is currently very tough."

He went on to say that sometimes the unhappiness can be self-created.

Similar to what I have thought through - this is the current culture of the team... very different to what I have been exposed to, but I should focus on the responsibilities given and think of nothing else.



After I have been doing this for long, it will get better... thats what Shifu told me when I first chatted with him on whether I should change to a different product line back in January 08.

It is important to learn from the people around you.





Build the experience.

At this point, even if I made mistakes, it is okay.



I don't deny I feel tired from the current workload and high expectations. But I guess I chose this path myself. I gave up my cushy role to learn something new from the bottom. I have to learn to enjoy this new stress - life is about evolution and progression isn't it?

That is the price I pay for hating anything static. Yes I did progress =). Met a very good yoga teacher yesterday.



Today, Irwin and I took a jog to Chancery Lane. When we came back, we were hungry, and I (hee hee hee) picked up cooking! Cooked my first dish in Sg! Well, I didnt exactly cook. I was in charge of cutting up the onions, chilli and canned pork (not bad!! onions and chilli are a challenge for a beginner!). I think I can like cooking after all. Gonna start trying - pick up a cook book and explore a bit every weekend. Wish me luck ;)














































No comments: