Monday, August 18, 2008

Relaxing Sunday Morning at Botanic Gardens


Sumini is off today, so Irwin and I decided to take Bobby to Botanic for his morning walk. In touch with nature, nothing can be better. We walked for an hour, and then settled for brunch.

Feeling a walk was inadequate for weekend fun, I decided to go for Yoga in the afternoon!

While waiting for class to start, I had a book in my hand while I warmed up. I think this paragraph has its truth, although I could not help giggling while reading and warming up.

Mortals are healthy or unhealthy, happy or unhappy, strong or weak, alive or dead, in the proportion that they think thoughts of health or illness, strength or weakness. Your body, like all other material things, manifests only what your mind entertains in belief.

In a general way you have often noticed this yourself. A man with an ugly disposition (which is a mental state) will have harsh, unlovely features. One with a gentle disposition will have a similing and serene countenance. All the other organs of the human body are equally responsive to thought. Who has not seen the face become red with rage or white with fear? Who has not known of people who become desperately ill following an outburst of temper? Physicians declare that just as fear, irritability and hate distort the features, they likewise distort the heard, stomach and liver.

I wont explain why I giggled. But think about it, have you not had such thoughts and wonder? Humour aside, consider what this book is trying to explain.

Finally, and seriously, consider taking up Yoga - I think it really helps to focus and strenghten the mind - and at the same time quieten and calm down the mind! After yoga, I was happy and rejuvenated.




6 comments:

Mum of 2 said...

Delicious brunch! Heh.

Talking about Yoga, i really love to attend regularly if I have someone to chauffeur me :p my instructor normally starts the class with quotes that enlightens me ;)

eimi said...

thats cool - where are you attending?

I know - I am loving it too... gonna start doing every weekend.. looking forward to it already!

eimi

Mum of 2 said...

Absolute Yoga. They offer hot yoga. can burn calories :) heh. How about you?

eimi said...

hee there are many funny names around huh.. Absolute Yoga, True Yoga...

I go to Planet Fitness - its part of my bank's corporate plan. I have not tried hot yoga so far... but i am really enjoying this - goto go tml!

I am sure Mr Fok can chauffeur you!!

Mum of 2 said...

Haa, actually...I've been lazy in attending lessons!

eimi said...

hehe speaking about that.. I actually missed my Sunday Yoga - stuck to Olmypics like a couch potato!