Sunday, June 29, 2008

Life

Back in October 2007 when I was visiting New York, I joined two Australian ladies on a ferry ride to a treat of the Statue of Liberty - a symbol seen many times in movies. Although I did not get off the ferry to explore the island further, it was memorable to witness the monumental work of sculpture.

In the design stage, it was originally supposed to be a lantern and a headdress, which was later refashioned and proposed to be a torch and crown of rays respectively ("Liberty Enlightening the World").

It is not just a statue - liberty comes at a cost as we all know.

On Saturday, I joined my bank's Volunteer Group event to the zoo. We brought about 80 kids to the zoo. I am not sure why they were categorized as requiring volunteer care although they had Care teachers. When I asked the Care teachers why, it was because they generally come from complex family backgrounds and the lower academic strata in Sg - i.e. perhaps on the brim or line of swinging both ways - be good - or turn bad (and join triads perhaps??!)



My family - funny weekend I say - Dad flew off for work. Bro took off for New Zealand, Sis flew off to Dubai for work - oops and Mum is all alone at home.. well I guess it is also a good time for her to do the things she really wants to..









Sunday morning was brilliant. Started off with coffee and toast at the pool; a swim; and lazing around at the pool. In the afternoon a colleague and I brought a Hong Kong visitor for dim sum. We headed to St Regis for coffee after that. Excellent excellent ambience... but the coffee quality was - to my standard disappointing! Hee and we ended the evening with a foot and back massage together...haha teaching the girl to pamper herself since she works sooo hard during the weekdays.


So here I am back home, preparing to start a new week of challenge. I must admit I have not really done my prayers or read religiously this week. I have also ..sigh.. been naughty this weekend... too much texting...oops dangerous maybe?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Navigation is quick and simple and submenus load very quickly. [url=http://www.mulberryhandbagssale.co.uk]Mulberry Tote Bags[/url] Although it is "high" above mountains and hills, and it can take in the view, a cloud cannot gaze upon nature in its true glory: at a ground level, and must thus be forlorn amongst the sky, trudging along in sadness.. [url=http://www.goosecoatsale.ca]canada goose women parka[/url] Gfylkonco
[url=http://www.pandorajewelryvip.co.uk]pandora bracelet charms[/url] Ovwjquwjf [url=http://www.officialcanadagooseparkae.com]canada goose outlet toronto[/url] saqhqgugy