Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Talking about Temptations: Yes it is always around


Here we go again - whether single, attached, engaged or married. How exciting.

A weird topic maybe, but a situation not unexpected. Why would I write about this? Funny enough, today I was chatting with a colleague today and we started talking about temptations. He kinda confessed that he is married but was faced with temptation when he had to travel overseas for work - but anyhow he didn't do anything. He thinks that a situation can become a temptation only in the prescence of alcohol - I beg to differ... more potent is probably the type which does not require the alcohol to spark anything off.

Of course I wasn't going to escape his questioning since he "confessed". I said yes there are temptations but I just have to use my head. I didn't see it coming - but hey temptations around don't stop just because you wear a band on your fourth finger.

J also told me today that her colleague is seeing a married woman. I asked "is he attached?" J: "Yes - to that married woman!"

It is so easy to arrange for the marriage certificate to be signed. At that second when you pen down your signatures, everyone around you claps in joy. A divorce on the other hand is far more complicated. Under section 94 of the Women’s Charter, you cannot apply for a divorce if you have been married for less than three years unless you have the Court’s permission to do so. There are more legal requirements..blah blah - but I won't spend my Tuesday evening writing about such depressing stuff.

Some.. on the other hand... are single.. likes someone else who is also single but doesn't have the guts to pursue it.. Are you kidding me? Please, if you like someone - drop hints, hang out more with the other party - you know things are sure to happen... if not at least you gain a friend or get to know someone better....

On my way out to work today, I prayed at the altar table. If it is a meaningless meet-up, please don't let it happen... Indeed it had to be cancelled at the very last second. phew....

No comments: