Sunday, May 11, 2008

Beauty of Nature

Of course of course, you can't find it in this country.

Thats the beauty of photography - it lets you recall the wonderful memories you once had. These were taken in Karuizawa in Japan.



This week at work had its ups and downs. Up - I had a good half an hour coffee session with a senior management. I was hesitant at first, but I realized the opportunity to hear the wise words from someone who has made it - its priceless. Another up - one of my team-mates is a buddhist. One evening when we were working late till 9pm - I was really miserable. She turned to me and said "Nothing is permanent, not even pain"... I burst out with relief... "You are cool, you are so right"... and quickly I gained back my smile...

Down ... hey actually apart from having to work hard, there wasn't too much of a down to pen down...phew... (maybe my team-mate's advice helped).


I just came back from a Mother's Day celebration with my family. Stepped into the house.. Irwin and I exchanged some quick hugs and pecks, and apologetically he had to leave the house at 930pm on a Sunday evening for work. He would be home by 12am, but it would be another all-night work for him.

This morning, we met shifu today and he gave us a small speech on wisdom. He stresses that in our daily life, if we do not use our wisdom, we cannot differentiate between right and wrong, good and bad. Ultimately, wisdom is the pratice that brings us to full realization. Actions carried out with wisdom, or with a correct understanding of emptiness, will generate extraordinary merits.

No comments: