Saturday, May 31, 2008

Statue of Hercules


Statue of Hercules situated in 5th avenue, NYC, across the street from St. Patrick's Cathedral. Remembering the days when I strolled on the streets of Manhattan alone.

Alone -- yes I was so alone this week. Mr Gui is serving his second week of reservist national service. I started a new routine this week. Slept before 11pm, woke up before 7am, and started work before 8am. I also treated myself to Aroma's and Starbucks coffee to kick-start my hectic work days. Basically it has been a 8am - 8pm work week, with some days starting at 7:30am in fact... and the amazing thing is I don't feel tired! When I used to sleep at midnight, I can sometimes still feel tired the next morning despite clocking eight hours. I guess before 11pm might be the magic hour for me to have a good re-charge. Music has also been one of my key friends this week. I listen to my itunes while showering and till I go to bed (otherwise it is too quiet!!).

Because I work harder now, I think it has also become more important for me to take care of my health. This morning I woke up at 8am and went for a swim (whooo hoo). A pity there was no sun this morning, but I still enjoyed my reading. "Thought, not money, is the real business capital," said Harvey S. Forestone, "and if you know absolutely that what you are doing is right, then you are bound to accomplish in due season."

Thinking about a personal situation I am facing... how would you know for sure if something is clearly right or wrong? Am I dwelling in a state of confusion? Am I at fault? Did I initiate any negative action? Is it desire and ignorance? Am I creating negative actions even if I don't initiate but respond?

No comments: