Sunday, May 25, 2008

Return of Bobby Heng - the VIP at the Tibetan Ceremony

Back track, this was in March 20 2008 - a religious blessing ceremony for Mr Gui & myself.



We are not quite sure who is the VIP. Bobby was just everywhere. Or perhaps the photographers chose him to be the star of the event instead.

Yes thats him, right in the centre.

Us saying thanks at the end of the ceremony.

I think he looks very Tibetan!


He definitely looks "in"!

This week was hectic at work as usual - hence the non-blogging. I however did manage to steal some time this weekend to try to rejuvenate myself. Did brunch with sister, went for yoga alone, foot massage alone and facial with mum. Mr Gui and I managed a Yakiniku dinner and Sunday morning McDonald's breakfast together... okay I have to give him some credit for squeezing time out since he is managing both his workload and a three weeks reservist training with the army.

I read a poem of interest which I shared with my sister and Mr Gui over the weekends ... reproduced here:

There are two kinds of people on earth today,
Just two kinds of people, no more, I say.

Not the good and the bad, for it's well understood
The good are half bad, and the bad are half good.

Not the rich and the poor, for to count a man's wealth
You must first know the state of his conscience and health.

Not the humble and proud, for in life's busy span
Who puts on vain airs, is not counted a man.

No, the two kinds of people on earth I mean
Are the people who LIFT, and the people who LEAN!

Wherever you go, you will find the earth's masses
Are always divided in just these two classes.

And strangely enough, you will find too, I ween,
There's only one LIFTER to twenty who LEAN.

In which class are you? Are you easing the load
Of overtaxed LIFTERS, who toil down the road?

Or are you a LEANER, who lets others bear
Your portion of labor, and worry and care?

- ELLA WHEELER WILCOX



2 comments:

Gwen said...

Good poem. I liked it.

eimi said...

yes I like it too! Although at this point in time I have received two mixed viewpoint/ conclusions. I thought it clearly says that it is better to be in a position of LIFTER.. but some do think it is smarter to be a LEANER...not a wrong conclusion either... v interesting.