Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Absolutely


This evening, despite leaving at 715pm, I took a cab home as I am - again exhuasted. The cab driver actually asked "Hmm why are you looking so tired?"

Hmm maybe I am pushing myself too hard? In between pockets of hands-on training time, I would do online webcast training to learn more. When I return home, I read Commodities news on Forbes. But hey the industry is interesting. It is a very volatile product compared to equity, FX or bonds... that makes it very exciting to read about...But since I am absolutely tired, which the taxi driver attested to... I shall stop here.

Mummy - the following paragraphs on Light Offerings are for you - sorry I didn't get back to you..I might as well write it here to remind myself too...

Making Light offerings (Lilian Too)

Light offerings can be candles, electricity lights, or butter (oil) lamps. Before putting on the lights, generate your bodhichitta motivation, and then think of a specific project for which you want blessings for success.

Then as soon as you turn on the lights or light the candles, always say OM AH HUM three times. In general if you do not bless the offerings immediately by saying this three-syllable mantra, they can be unsurped by wandering spirits and then the offerings become obstacles, rather than merit, for your practice.

No comments: