Thursday, April 10, 2008

So...It happened...

On April 4th, a date selected by Lama Shifu, Irwin & I signed the marriage certificate. Sweet, but another significant event was he had to fly off the very next day to Frankfurt for business. In a sense I had a lot of free time since last Friday. I went home over the weekends and showed my curious mum how to chant. Because I had to explain, I began to ponder more. Why is Buddism practice in South East Asia different from that of Tibet?

I worked late for the past two nights - it feels rotten to work late these days - and even more meaningless because I return back to an empty room without Irwin making ridiculous jokes to me daily. oooh now I realize his significance in my life.. Because of the rotten two nights I was really craving for tranquility tonight. Good start - I managed to attend my Body Balance class - got back home at 10pm, and Auntie Gui and I talked non-stop, including Buddism. She introduced a new book to me "Opening the door to Dharma" - timely...







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy!! This is awesome. So happy for you and Irwin:)

eimi said...

Thank U... this is just the legal ceremony...When I have the energy to organize the dinner - you have to be here!

Anonymous said...

omededougozaimasu! Congrats!!! Very happy for you and Irwin!

eimi said...

ありがとう ございます eva-chan. I am waiting to hear good news from you too since I can see from your pics how happy you are ;)