Sunday, April 27, 2008

Massages and sports to tackle weariness


Didn't know how to tackle it. It wasn't easy to switch from a management role to being operational again.

But the commodities market is indeed interesting. For a start, there are many interesting and indepth write-ups available on the internet. Well my direct manager Mr SF thinks that I am making the wrong decision (but of course)... a cliche, but only time will tell if the decision is right.

So comes weekend... of course I was exhuasted from the steep learning curve week. My sister and I were both fed up with feeling exhausted and decided to head to Thomson for a massage. Most places were fully booked, although we eventually managed to squeeze into Tranquility Cove. There was a promotion package S$40 for an hour of foot, head, shoulder and neck massage. I was also very lucky to have met Uncle Goh who was tendering to the massage. He is slightly blind but an extremely experienced and kind man. I gave him a healthy tip as an appreciation of his professionalism. He is old, probably in his 60s? He was in fact panting a little bit since he had to exert strength for the massages... I went home later and took a swim in the evening with Irwin - we were too tired to go out.. (he slept an average of four hours daily this week!)

Sunday - Tennis with Dad & sister... (we had to force Daddy to exercise - he is losing motivation in his exercises he says).. and then facial in the late afternoon with Mum... oops perhaps a weekend of over-pampering.... but I needed it! arrghh I don't want to go to work tomorrow!!

No comments: