Sunday, November 04, 2007

NEW YORK: MUSEUM OF NATURAL HISTORY

One of my most enjoyable museum visit was American Museum of Natural History. I spent three hours in the museum but could only cover less than half (damn). Its hard to describe, but its perhaps like our own Science Centre, only that it is many many times better. It was highly recommended by my colleagues and in guidebooks, and I could see why. Although I was walking, exploring and talking to myself most of the time "Whooaaa", "So longggg", blah blah, it was inspirational to be close to nature & how different lives started (or ended). Due to time constraint, I had to look at the Floor plan and prioritize where I should head to.

I walked to the Dinosaurs section first. Well you will think its just fossils right, but I was amazed by the size of these extinct creatures. These fossils were interesting and kinda cute, but I started to imagine how threatening it would be, if really, they are still roaming around...My next destinations were the Mammal Halls and Ocean Life. Greeting you in Ocean Life is a 94-foot-long model of a blue whale - the largest animal ever to roam the planet. My last destination was the Hall of Human Origins.. I captured some cool and scary photos of skeletons (of humans) but I guess I will leave those out for now.

I have been so busy this week. At work, meetings with visitors from London, Tokyo and Hong Kong. I also had to rush an overdue Performance Evaluation submission.

At personal, planning for the engagement dinner. Bf and I decided to get our butts moving after his mother seems to be planning everything -- from food tasting, selecting the resturant, getting the cake. Today, we finally did something. We came up with the seating list, drew a family tree organization chart (as requested by auntie), and got myself a champagne and black dress.

Daily visits to the hospital. Funny to say, it was tiring to head to the hospital each time, yet it was enjoyable to be spending so much more time with Granny. My life stages and priorities are clearing changing..hopefully with more positive changes each time!

No comments: