Sunday, November 18, 2007

Sense of Urgency

This week was extremely fulfilling, with events packed tightly each day. Hoo! Last minute preparation on Wednesday evening for the Engagement dinner; Woke up early on Thursday morning to exchange rings, engagement dinner in evening to follow; and Friday morning coffee meeting with a MD. Adrenaline I will call it! Relatives mingled well, okay but with the exception of the kids table -- we forgot that at the age of puberty, that is the age you Dont Want to Socialize with the opposite sex.

With so much love and delight at the dinner, Irwin & I feel re-charged to conquer the world..haha, re-charged with goals to wana build a better life together.

My Friday morning meeting further gave me a motivational boost. Of significance during the meeting, that drives me (crazy) during this weekend was his question "Are you where you are today because of conscious decisions you have made along your life? Or as a matter of events, circumstances, or your family, that brought you to where you are?"

I just watched an episode of Heros Season II. During this one hour, there was also the question: Are you a robot or an alien? Because robots follow, whereas aliens be what they want to be.

Suddenly I feel charged with a sense of urgency.

6 comments:

Mum of 2 said...

Congrats :)

伊娃 said...

Congratulations Eimi!

so what was your answer to that question? that is a very interesting question indeed

eimi said...

Thanks Baoyi. Congrats to you too!!

eimi said...

Hell E-Chan,

thanks.

Yes I was really stunned by this qn. I think I am more circumstances-driven, which mostly turns out better than my expectations...but maybe its time to treat my life more seriously & make BIG DECISIONS! haha

I think U are definitely a conscious decision maker ;) [thats y u r all over the place across continents!!!]

Anonymous said...

OMG!! This is one of the greatest news of the year. Omedeto!!!

eimi said...

haha, hmm arigato gozaimasu.

(just engagement though, nothing legal or wedding commitment...oops)