Sunday, October 28, 2007

Remembering...

Now I am back after one & a half weeks in NYC. It has been busy since I returned, and happy to be back at an appropriate timing. Travelling by myself for the first time was quite an adventure. Everyday I met new people. This trip of heavenly time started at the Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts. I was there at 9am - barely any concerts would be taking place at that time, but there was already a queue for the tickets.

I remember that morning was very pleasant, cool and quiet. Some tourists were snapping pictures. Some like me, travelled there alone to enjoy the huge amount of space, the beautiful water feature & the serenity.

Though I didnt buy any tickets to attend the concerts, walking around the Metropolitan Opera and hearing the broadcasted Opera was indeed very enjoyable.

Back in Sg

Besides battling jet lag, siblings and myself went to visit Granny in the hospital. At 74, she had an operation when I was in NYC, and right now still under observation.

Before we left the house, Daddy was asking if sister and myself would be interested to attend a lecture on International Arbitration @ NUS in the evening with him. Of course his invitation was so exciting we didnt even bother to say No thanks to him. Shortly in the night, he has also checked himself into the hospital due to a stomach infection.

Acceptance & Awareness

Such is the fragility & transitory nature of life. It made me realize that it is important to spend time wisely. Doing beneficial acts for others is more important than constantly talking about self or self-achievements (although that is the nature & result of a competitive, results-oriented society such as NYC).

More prayers, meditation will enable one to overcome fear & attachment. I could have the opportunity to work & learn in NYC, but now I realize - with a clear, positive state of mind - there might be other aspects of life I want to care & learn about.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey welcome back. Sounds like you had much fun in NY! I am glad! My side, things are going well. Too bad about the NY trip but I am sure you enjoyed much on behalf of me. Hope all is well with your granny.

Yes, life is short and the choice is crucial. What do you care most in life? What you aspire the most? These are the questions I have been asking myself too.

In order to fulfill 4days off during the week I was supposed to go to New York, I went to another "New"-named palce, New Caledonia. Great place with many good hearted mellow Bohemians.

While you were in NY thinking many things, I was in New Cale thinking similar things, maybe!

eimi said...

Yes I did!

Just came back from hospital, we are all hoping for the best too.

Hope you enjoyed your trip in New Caledonia. It was a pity we couldnt make it tog this time. Hopefully this is not the last opp & we get to chat again like the good old days.

I had a very good time catching up with C.M - I am sure you will do if you were there!