Saturday, June 09, 2007

Title..(Reflecting with a Life?)



I often wonder why I continue with blog-writing. Sometimes you feel the burden of people watching and reading your lines, and probably even judging you. Its amazing how I initially thought it is quite a loser to document your personal encounters and have thousands of eyes view it and say "What the hell". But for now at least, blog writing seems to be sticking to me like a super-glue. All thanks to Darren, my cousin who was the first to encourage me to kick-off one, when I was all alone in Tokyo.

I know my mum views it @ work, and sometimes show my travel photos about Japan to her colleagues. When I was back and showed my father my blog, he said "Can you save it on a CD so I can read it, and since you can write so well, can you help me update the 4th Edition of my Revenue Accounting book." I wonder what he will write about, if he were hooked to blog writing. He is a man who sticks very strongly to his own viewpoint - but very often too rigid and too narrow in his thinking.

Often I look back at my blog entries, and collection of photos. It is nice to reminiscence my isolated memories and experiences, how I have evolved in terms of thought processes or photo-taking. It may seem cold, but it has also become a way of keeping in touch with friends I dont have the chance to frequently meet. Dont ask me to elaborate or illustrate further why we should write. There are so much more I would say.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stella, welcome to online writing! I am secretly persuading my closer friends and sister to start one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I really enjoy this "special one-on-one" relationship with my notebook, and the somewhat unknown online world..unknown because you never know who is reading it, and best of all - its good alone time for me.

10 comments:

Ange said...

Oh yeah... Joan should start one too! If she can find the time that is! :)

Hey! I thought I played a part in motivating you to start a blog too?! Hahaha! :)

Anonymous said...

oh I love reading your blog! As you know me.... I dont write email soo much but you know I miss you soo much! so this is a good way to know how u are doing. btw.. is stella starting a blog as well?

eimi said...

Hi Ange,

Hehe ya Joan practically has no time, but I know she sure likes to write - i think she still keeps a diary (caveman type) now!!

Hehe yes you did. Remembered Darren very clearly because he actually took me through how to start up a blog technically using msn when I was in Tokyo. He even taught me how to include url links... which otherwise I definitely wouldnt have known!!!

eimi said...

Hello e...

yes i know i know you are lazy!! Miss you too & the crazy exploratory times.

Nah the Stella I mentioned in my entries, thats one of my close friends since college. common name I know. But Stella S. I think she keeps one, but written in Korean! It would have been interesting to be able to read about her special past 5 months; or "see" how she looks like now..haha

Anonymous said...

i am lazy...but blogging keep my running going as well.....

Anonymous said...

Wow, double "A"s talking behind my back.....

the 3rd flower

Anonymous said...

I was having a great time reading your blog till i chanced upon the evil thing....*screams*

How am I supposed to continue now?

j

eimi said...

Hello t@z,

yes I have to agree blogging can be be a motivational tool ;)

but i have to say I am still amazed @ your entries...

eimi said...

3rd Flower,

For a while I had to piece together double A and 3rd Flower, and who I was talking behind her back...

thats y i love the online world, you can simply get together and say whatever you like ;p

eimi said...

J

You really spooked me out. Firstly, I had no idea who J was, and what evilness you were referring to. I even went to check my photos to see if there was anything I didnt spot!

Luckily I managed to guess who would scream at a photo. Anyway fear is just a state of the mind. Mike's new cat is really adorable. Only palm size and she drank water out of a jaccuzi pool. Read my blog, its a good chance to get over it ;)