Saturday, June 10, 2006


Who is the luckiest of them all?

Well today's blog is not just about comparing Mum and bro @ a sushi bar (@ Jyugaoka). By the way we took a long walk just to find this bar, just because we didnt know nihongo. But the toy shop owner (the one Evan bought a HARD GAY toy from - n when i was testing I was unlucky enough to be THE ONE that caused the toy to jump out of the barrel -- or is it lucky coz thats what we all wanted to see!) She kind enough to sort of gave us directions. She was even kind enough to tell us in Japanese, do you want expensive or cheap sushi? I went erhh errh errh because I didnt know her definition of takaii or yasuii, but in the end she concluded OK OK let me recommend you to a Cheap & Good place! -- thats fair... so thats where we landed. Joan is out of pic coz she is busy getting a haircut. Her new hairstyle turned out really nice, unfortunately she didnt really like it coz it was too feminine! But hey this is tokyo - did anyone notice almost all Tokyolites' girls hairstyle are sooo feminine -- & almost all look alike??

So, who is the luckiest of them all? Today I had a thought as I came back to my room after grocery shopping with my colleague.

Starting with me, hmm i feel isolation starting to sink in, or rather the lack of company that gives me really interesting utility. I thought about how I sort of have everything now - earning well, I just bought a SLR (oh man & it has been sitting in my cupboard since last week), expensive shoes, when I do grocery shopping I could pick anything I want..haha, an excellent apartment & one of the best areas to stay in Tokyo.. what more do I wish for? Yea, just when I have everthing, I realised there are no loved ones around to share or participate in this - feel kinda sad just thinking abt missing my best friend's wedding in Jan 07...Much as everyone say I am very lucky now, I cant help but sit down to reflect if this is true.. but u know humans are never contented right?

My bf is currently taking a 2 weeks trip in the States, travelling from Orlando to LA -- envy envy, but he tells me he is getting tired of the trip, and the next time he flies back to Miami, it would be purely business --. This guy has been flying from Tokyo, to Malaysia, to States, back to Sg since I have been here for 4 months.. i think thats so cool - but he thinks otherwise.

My cousin just left Tokyo, and I just realised from her MSN that she is now in Batam with her hubby... how cool is that? Always travelling & with her man.. I think she is lucky, but she thinks i am better off living in Tokyo... ironies of life..

So who is on this year's long-winded list of counting their blessings --they include:

  • Dad - working hard with his passions but not realising he is really getting bald
  • Mum & her beauty @ over 50, but not stepping out of her home enough to show it off (dad can hardly get to date & bring her for movies!!)
  • Sis working her life off, & pondering hard where this leads to - she is the luckiest because she holds the burden of carrying on Dad's business..ahahahaha
  • Bro - having catered meals daily in National Service
  • Bf - having absolute freedom being away from me
  • Uncle jason and auntie eunice - planning a trip to Japan soon, but leaving all 3 boys behind to enjoy life!
  • Darren & his passion with soccer & leaving tags that irriates his bro from time to time
  • Ange & her man - travelling from plcs to plcs - hmm & she always says she is on tight budget! way to live ;)
  • Of course my best friend & her man preparing to get married - but i dont think she/I would consider that 2 lucky if i missed it
So who is the luckiest? i think people simply dont know how to count their blessings... I am still counting and trying to realise for myself...

No comments: