Sunday, June 25, 2006


Out of words

I wonder if how I pen down my blog seemed to send a sense of sadness. So far, two have read and both asked if I was sad or suffering in Tokyo. Perhaps its the way my blog is entitled. "Isolation" - but it need not be taken in a negative manner. In fact to the contrary, I am so in love with being alone, having time to myself, yet at the same time opening myself to knowing more and interesting people I never seemed to find in Singapore.

I began to wonder if, in Singapore, people are merely strung like puppets -- its feels like majority have the same goal in life - one of which is stability. This overseas exposure has opened my eyes so wide. In the past, friends who were posted overseas always tell me "Singapore is really small". To me it felt more like a fashion statement which I never took a step to ponder further. Now, experiencing it myself, I cant help but wonder how much one can miss out in life without having an overseas opportunity.

Most importantly, I think I have stepped out of my comfort zone. I am more able to throw away personal RULES about life I used to have. Having a more open mind, I met an interesting bunch of Singaporeans in Tokyo, an American Bank Senior Manager, some Americans, and Japanese of course.

Yesterday I went to Ometosando for French crepes and wine, and then to Roppongi - Vanilla. I had a lot of fun and interesting conversations. One of which was an American friend talking about his experiences in the States, different languages used throughout States, diving experiences, travel experiences in Italy and interpretation of the Japanese culture. We later had Mojita (pronounced MoHiTa) at the 2nd storey balcony of a cool resturant (never seen one like that in Singapore) opposite Ometosando Hills. We walked really long before finding this resturant, and luckily we had the BEST seats. After the cocktail,we then headed off to Roppongi. Crazy fun with alcohol and good hip-hop music at the Parfait Room. It was awfully crowded. Seems like the Japanese are beginning to like hip-hop music. In the beginning when I first arrived in Tokyo, the Parfait Room was almost empty, but now ridiculously packed... interested to see if they would soon swop the dance floors and whether clubs in Tokyo would eventually switch to Hip-hop.

Today I woke up at 12pm, and headed off to the gym enjoying the jaccuzi, steam room and ofuro. Extremely relaxed now and alone... looking forward to having more interesting encounters.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Briefly said: Interesting account, interesting weekend.