Tuesday, June 20, 2006



Fourth time in Asakusa in Five Months

I have been there more frequently than my local colleagues. Been there 2 times with my bf, once with ? and the latest was with Uncle Jason & Auntie Eunice who came visiting in Japan for 6 days.

In fact I brought them the exact route I took, which is to taste the famous corner confectionary selling rice-based okoshi for 250 years, walk through the Nakamise lane (which means inside shops) tasting sweets, snacks (for free) hehe, visit Sensoji - Japan's oldest temple, and finally end with ShabuShabu Sukiyaki resturant.

Last night, there was an earthquake that happened at 6am (richter 4.8, originating 100km away from Tokyo). I was shaken awake in bed. I always had the phobia/ anxiety that an earthquake would happen (thats also coupled by the fact that there are detailed instructions on what I should do should it happen both for my apartment and office); and that it is not uncommon people kept an emergency bag to bring and run should it happen - now I have one too. But when I woke up, I said to myself "This must be an earthquake" (my 3rd experience) and went back to bed...

No comments: