Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Celebrations & Celebrations


January and February are two busy months of celebrating birthdays. First, it was my brother, then my father-in-law, and then Por Por, and then my Daddy. That concludes January. In February, apart from Lunar New Year and Valentine's, we also celebrated Mum-in-law's birthday last Friday at M's house. We had wagyu, foie gras, champagne and yu-sheng as well. Of course I was denied the champagne, but foie gras - there was no way I was going to watch all of them eat it in front of me, so I decided to have a yum yum yum piece...

To think that I have stayed away (apart from stealing a mouth or two from Gui) from sashimi, foie gras, caffeinated drinks and alcohol for eight months.. guess it will all resume pretty soon, although it felt like a small achievement to be able to have no attachment to the daily coffee I used to survive on!

4 comments:

Mum of 2 said...

Your foie gras made me so hungry at this hour! The last time I had it was at your wedding.

I heard the diet shld stay the same during the breastfeeding period. Is that true?

I wonder how can I achieve without chilli and sashimi during my pregnancy!

eimi said...

hahah, yea foie gras is quite a pleasure huh.. just try not to consider how it came about..

Actually I dont know about the diet during the breastfeeding period.. but i just read that if u are BF-ing, you might still choose to avoid caffeine... so U might be right! Goto read up more...

ya my gynae actually advised no chilli..and definitely no sashimi... I had only a piece so far when I ate at Japanese Association...I presume its fresh and safe!

the last time I went to an authentic Jap restuarant, I was v tempted to have a slice so I asked the waitress whom I know if its fresh..she replied "Yes, but normally preggy wont eat sashimi"..instantly I didnt dare to eat..so the restriction instinct comes natural!

Mum of 2 said...

Ya, shld be true about the breastfeeding..my colleague was telling me if you eat banana, it can be banana milk and it taste like one too! How funny - to me!

Maternal instincts - All for the kids...Hehe.

eimi said...

haha, sometimes its not a bad idea to give the milk different flavours ;)