Monday, March 29, 2010

He Is Here

Baby Theodore Wei made his entrance on 21 March 2010. I remember it was about 3:30am when I realised that the waterbag has burst, together with "show". At that time, Mr Gui just returned from his late night work and was showering. We couldn't quite believe it, as the EDD was supposed to be early April. He was laughing "This is it!", whereas I went "Goodness, I still want two more weeks of quiet time!"

Truth was we were not quite prepared. Mr Gui nagged me to finish packing the hospital bag, and I completed it only on the 20th - phew, just in time. Our nanny from Indonesia wasn't due to arrive till March 26th.

To-date, Theodore is eight days old. Yes, I am blogging, which means slowly I am getting back to a slightly more normal schedule now. The first day home with Theodore was crazy. Gui and I had no sleep. Theodore either wanted to drink milk or be cuddled, which was normal. The only time I managed to catch an hour was when he fell asleep on my stomach. Second night, we decided to engage a nurse to handle the night duty. She would wake me up at 3am and 6am for his milk feeding. Third night on, I started to pump milk into bottles so that the nurse could feed in the night. Thats how I managed to regain a little bit more of "me" time. Despite the challenges and serious lack of sleep and help, Gui and I are grateful as we learned a lot from the nurse before Sumini arrives.

It has been an amazing experience. I never knew I could feel so much love. Looking at Theodore when I feed him, I feel that I am the most fortunate lady in the world. Seeing how Mr Gui stepped up to organise the situations, and buy baby items and an electric pump last minute by himself made me felt even more L-O-V-E...

Let the love roll!...and I shall now head to the prayer room for my first prayer session since home, and thank Buddha for the easy and quick delivery (about 5hrs); and my lovely boy.

4 comments:

Mum of 2 said...

Sound so lovely! I can feel the love! Ahhhh.....feel so emotional now. Nt sure why!

Take care!

Love,
Aunty Connie

Taz said...

congrats!

eimi said...

Thanks Aunty Connie..am sure you will be experiencing it soon!

eimi said...

Thanks Taz!