Thursday, February 25, 2010

Lunar New Year Evening

On the first day of the Lunar New Year, it was house visiting as usual. Well, it was my first time, but I went over to Gui's First Uncle house and we had delicious bee hoon, treasure pot, and Nian Gao. Por Por was very generous with me and she kept getting food that was healthy for me from the treasure pot (*Blush blush).




When lunch ended, Gui and I went over to my house and there my cousins were. We had some beers and snacks. Of course I could only limit myself to some snacks (and yea no beer huh). I really miss drinking - a "habit" probably built up during my year in Japan - give me Ume and sake anytime!

In the evening, both my in-laws, and my parents and sister went over to Desi Tulku's house. We had about an hour of prayer and then potluck dinner together. Thats a celebratory cheers picture for the Lunar New Year!

No comments: