Thursday, December 31, 2009

Welcoming the New Year
















In Decemember, it has been a crazy shopping season for me. The typical me avoids shopping crowd during the Christmas season, but this year, I headed out to purchase baby equipment over four consecutive days, and running to various places. We finally purchased the big items from Takashimaya due to the year-end sale, with about 30%++ discounts after factoring in the Takashimaya credit card and the vouchers etc.

The world of baby & child gadgets is simply mind boggling. We settled on a Maclaren stroller. This company was actually founded in the 60s by the same aeronautical engineer who designed the Spitfire fighter plane (the "hero" of The Battle of Britain in WW2).

Looking forward to January 2010, I checked my calendar of events stored in my cell. I am expecting two more baby purchase deliveries from Takashimaya and Isetan, a gynae check-up in the middle of January, and meet up with three groups of friends who I know would be offering valuable baby advice.


Enough of baby talk, there is also a Fish Liberation event on January 3. Of course, this round I would not be boarding the boat out to the kelong. Mr Gui would be attending. I donated a sum though to purchase the fish from the kelong that was meant to be sent to the restaurants. Fish liberation is a buddhist practice of rescuing the fish that are destined for slaughter. The practice exemplifies the fundamental Buddhist teaching of compassion for all living beings.

In a typical fish liberation, we purchase the fish from the kelong wholesalers, bring them to some appropriate place, and let them go free. By liberating living beings, we nurture compassion in our hearts.

...To a great 2010..!

No comments: