Saturday, November 08, 2008

I'm Still Searching

I had drinks with a banker today. We spoke a bit about different career paths and he told me that at the end of the day, its about "knowing what you want". So I asked him back, Do you know what you want? He replied, No actually I don't. He is in his early 40's, successful, earning v well, has two kids and a dog, and well-liked by people around him due to his humour, intelligence and wits. I told him you are kidding me - With such a successful track record, you don't know what you want? pause...

He's not the first. Another friend of mine in his mid 30's is already a millionaire. He laments. He says that he knows he can make money now, but where should he stop? Where does his draw the line between earning more, working non-stop and balancing the quality of life? He was frustrated.

What about me? I am getting tired. I am not earning a million, but I am getting tired. Tired with the politics I am fighting, which many has asked me to give up. My family however thinks otherwise. They think its an opportunity to right a wrong. I am truely tired though.

It is now 2am. I am still waiting for my hubby to return. Out at work at the moment. Do I really know what I want after all this education, and a fortunate life which many say I shouldnt lament about?


I doubt it.... ;(

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good question.... I guess it is not easy to answer the question. but definitely one should know their life priorities and your values.

eimi said...

Hmm exactly... sigh you dont know what bizzare politics I am going through now... I am sticking to my values though... and lets see how it turns out...

Hope all's good with you in UK (Oxford?)

Anonymous said...

Ganbette ne!!!
I give you my total support. I truely believe that the good ones will always reveal.. and the bad ones will ultimately lead to their own demise... (it might take time though...)

Oxford is great. I have never expected I enjoyed studying soo much.

eimi said...

ya hoping, praying for that...step-by-step....

I am glad - and you truely sound happy! its probably good timing to be studying now too...no more for me - after Masters and CA - its just enough -- too bad i hv to be fighting the politics now...ahaha