Sunday, November 02, 2008

how about a simple life?

No lack of mahjong pals in the village.

Lets enjoy some nuts.


Lets get together and crack some nuts - again...


Fresh nuts grown from your own farm.

sometimes you have to think basic and simple. Life in the rural is so. Nut-cracking in ChongQing village seems like a national pastime to me. Delicious... as I cracked open each nut, although I was enjoying the moment - the cool air, staring into greens, I wonder how time can tick so slowly. I could almost notice the minutes that went by. At a workplace, you hardly have time to notice or appreciate how the hour flew by.

You know what? People in the rural look happy. They truely do. Never mind their clothings were not fanciful; nor the fact they look kinda dirty. They look worry-free, they dont care whether its going to be Obama or McCain, they have sufficient to eat just based on the vegetation and farm animals they have reared. My friend M gave S$50 to his father-in-law living in the village. His wife asked why so little. I thought M made a good point - "There's no need to be more since he will only spend it on beer and cigarettes." I mean - there isn't any other real wants that they needed.

Of course, life and pressure in the city is different. Anyway I have just learned about three other Wealth Buddhas.

Lakshmi - The Hindu Goddess of Prosperity.

Ganapati - widely revered as the Remover of Obstacles and more generally as Lord of Beginnings and Lord of Obstacles, patron of arts and sciences, and of intellect and wisdom.

Saraswati - Hindu Goddess of knowledge, music and all the creative arts. She is the mother of Manjurshri (Wisdom). Shifu says wisdom is very important. With wisdom, it brings about understanding.

Buddhism is based on the impermanence doctrine. Similarly, the economic prosperity is not permanent. Especially not permanent because F.I. comes up with innovative financial products that taps on people wanting more than they can afford to. I believe there are more damages to be witnessed...

No comments: