Saturday, December 01, 2007

INCUBATE




Never a week of rest - this week I was kept busy with preparing for year end, incubating on a work opportunity someone presented, and exploring Facebook.

Do I give up my current comforts, stable career path for an exciting & more business driven option? Although this might also mean starting from a little bit of scratch, whereas in a P&L role I am almost about to make a mangerial level. One thing I know I should do is, keep an open mind. At least that is what I learnt from the Japan relocation experience. An open mind opens up opportunties I have never thought of. Of course, the decision cannot simply be based on "Life is short, just do it!"..so I am incubating...& I need an alert mind..striving for sufficient sleep & eating healthy.


Facebook. Hong Kong tycoon Li Ka-shing has invested $60 million in fast-growing social network Facebook, with an option for an additional $60 million - Reuters Nov 30 2007. I was first introduced to Facebook by e-chan in NYC in her apartment. She gave me a live demonstration of how Facebook (a company valued at $15 billion) works. Returning home, I decided...ok lets just sign up an account & see what all the fuss is about. In a matter of two weeks, I got in touch with friends all the way from Primary School, and two social event calendar invites. Not too bad.

2 comments:

Mum of 2 said...

Welcome 2 facebook :) Added u...hehe

eimi said...

haha thanks...