Sunday, December 16, 2007

Shopping in Hong Kong & Eating Non-stop

Took a four-day trip to Hong Kong. Third time I am returning, yet I find myself eating and shopping non-stop... seriously.

This time the trip included my bf, and our two mothers. We had a lovely time digging at the shopping bargains Hong Kong could offer. Service was generally professional, and I liked how the shops would wrap my shoes differently (without a box) if I mentioned I am taking this back by plane. The mothers, surprisingly or not surprisingly, chatted non-stop and had better stamina that the young ones when it comes to checking out the bargains. I have never seen Auntie so energetic at Every shop.

I love the discounts. One quality shoe shop had all pairs at 70% off. Mum didnt have a problem spotting x pairs of her favourite. SK II was also much cheaper. Ooh I feel cheated buying these imports in Singapore.

The Landmark in Central Hong Kong was very interesting to stroll & shop in. Christmas decorations are gorgeous and it carried numerous prestigious international brands...


...my favourite meat dishes were the Peking duck, suckling pig (had it three times) and fatty char siew. We also had three dim sum meals. That means an extra hour of exercise regime for me.


I was also suprised by how logical I was when it came to shopping. I had a step by step thought process of whether I should make the plunge or not. I am quite sure my purchases were all value-for-money and necessities only.

What a delight!!

No comments: