Sunday, October 07, 2007

Star Track

Yesterday night after playing an online game for about an hour, I watched "Who am I" by Jackie Chan made in the 1980s. It was funny. More funny because the filming techniques and humour in the 1980s have evolved as compared to his current films. In the past, whenever there are scenes of cars crashing, you know they would be using the old/ damaged cars for the crash & explosive scenes. In recent films, crash scenes would often involve flashy cars.

When a car fell from a six storey building to the ground, because a lot of budget and efforts were put together to create that three seconds scence, in the 80s, this would be in the movie with various replays, and from many different angles.


I saw an interesting discussion that spanned from one line by Mr Spock in Star Trek. The needs of the many outweight the needs of the one. Check out the discussion.


I am heading to New York this coming weekend. M-san might not be able to make it after all. Looks like I might have to tour this giant Big Apple by myself. Travelling by myself... will I hate that, or perhaps discover new interesting events?


eimi


For a good relaxing weekend laugh, run & buy Jackie Chan's DVD collection! Sometime ago, I watched the first movie that made him famous - Drunken Master. I still find it funny!

4 comments:

Mum of 2 said...

have a fun holiday! go and enjoy urself.

buy lots of coach, guess and abercrombie...and sexy victoria secrets! ahahaha.. indulge in madness shopping!

connie

Eeps & Weexy said...

But this reverted in Star Trek III when Kirk told Captain Spock:
"Because the needs of the one... outweigh the needs of the many."

eimi said...

Hi BY,

Yes one of my weekends shall be devoted to shopping. Thanks for the brand recommendations!

eimi said...

Hi E&W,

Good point about Star Trek III! so which point would you debate on? ;-p

Cheers