Saturday, April 21, 2007

Relaxing Holiday!

I went to the beach. I am not going to say too much about the scenary, but I enjoyed myself as I was playing with a childhood toy - blowing bubbles. A pity I didnt have my SLR with me, but soon a group of 6 energetic Malay kids were gathered around me, jumping up and down, trying to catch and burst the bubbles, and then trying to eat them.

With the mounting emphasis on climate change, I couldnt help but noticed a heavy vehicle emitting huge amounts of black exhaust "parked" at a carpark lot, for two hours. I didnt know what I could do, because going up to him personally, I might get a scolding (or beating?). Luckily I saw a newspaper article the next day which touched on climate change. I emailed the writer - Lynn. I was amazed that she replied within an hour. Anyway, in such scenarios, we can always contact NEA 1800-CALL NEA (1800-2255 632).

Tibetan saint, Langri Thangpa once wrote:

Whenever I associate with someone, may I think myself the lowest among all and hold the other supreme in the depth of my heart!

...pratical or not, I think it serves as a good reminder.

Working in an IB, there seems to be a lot of ego uncalled for. I remember going out for drinks with my colleagues recently, and we were soon joined by others from Barclays and Macquarie. I think most of the guys couldnt wait to flash their platinum cards.

7 comments:

Eeps & Weexy said...

The next time we meet, I will keep my cards @ home. ;)

Anonymous said...

Platinum cards are so easy to apply. It means you may not need to earn that much to have one. so nothing to boast about manz!

Anonymous said...

woa..where is this place in singapore?

eimi said...

hehe Eeps nice try ;)

eimi said...

Really? Am referring to the serious platinum cards (i.e. min S$50k p.a.), not referring to the joint ones e.g. NUSS platinum, I know those requirements are lower. I think most in IB would qualify for the serious ones...thats y i think they might be showing off something... but maybe they were just being NICE. I have nothing to complain :)

eimi said...

Hi,

I wish this was Singapore too, but the picture was taken from Hama-Rikyu Garden, a lovely park in Tokyo!

Anonymous said...

I am earning $3.5k and I have a platinum card too :p so I don't think I earn a lot.