Friday, March 02, 2007

I am One Month Old


Its been a month since I was relocated back to Singapore! What do I like most about being back? Funny enough, its the rare time to be alone. I always feel a huge sense of peace when I am alone (just like I was living alone in Tokyo!).

In all relationships, its good to experience the flux. Closeness alternating with distance which is a natural cycle. Living alone for one year, I couldn't agree more with Dalai Lama's comments: To reach our full potential as human beings, we need to be able to balance our needs for closeness and union with times when we must turn inward, with a sense of autonomy, to grow and develop as individuals.

The financial market has been in a flux, and that has kept me extremely busy for this month end. I just saw the following headlines:
1) Google Unsure of R&D Centre in Singapore (by SDA Asia Magazine)

Google is shying away from circulating reports about building an R&D centre in Singapore. On the contrary, the Singapore's Straits Times reported that Google plans to establish an R&D base in the small Southeast Asian country.

2) UK to attract more investments from Singapore businesses (by our very own Channel News Asia, Singapore)

No comments: