Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The Very Best

Surprise surprise. Talk about work-life balance. For the first time, here I am back home by 7pm.

Took out the above picture as I recalled my Kobe trip. The confectionery industry in Kobe is sometimes said to be the best place in Japan to purchase cakes and pastry of high quality. However back home in Sg, without Kobe confectionery, I was still pleased with spending an evening with my mum in front of the television, having chips and Bailey's.

All the talk about walk-life balance, nothing beats experiencing it and feeling the difference. Wikipedia defines Work-Life Balance as "a person's control over the conditions in their workplace. It is accomplished when an individual feels satisfied about their personal life and their paid occupation. It mutually benefits the individual, business and society when a person's personal life is balanced with his or her own job".

However, being workhaholic in nature, there was a reason why I decided/ had to come home early. Exhausted from the arguments I had with my bf, and the long hours last week, I Had to come home right after P&L sign-off today.

My cousin happened to forward me some teachings @ the right timing. After reading it, although still unsettled, but considerably calmer.

*Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk
*Don't let a little dispute injure a great relationship
*Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer
*In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don't bring up the past
*Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.

No comments: