Saturday, January 06, 2007

Sand Sculpture @ Temple @ Kyoto
It was peaceful just looking at the sand.

Can you imagine entering the grounds where you find yourself walking along a beautiful sand-covered path, well preserved historical temples, pine trees trimmed like huge bonsai and bamboo fence. The sand garden was amazing. Apparently the best view is said to be at night with a full moon shining on the sand, resembling a calm, peaceful silver sea. Even though I couldnt wait till night time & for the full moon, admiring it in the day was already stunning. Just sand, but you also wonder who was the first person who thought of making an art out of sand, and who was the artist that created this beautiful piece for all to admire.

Guess what I am coming home! Suddenly the company realised that for tax reason I have to leave here on Feb2 as I arrived here on Feb 3 2006. The bad thing is, I was only told about my exact processes to be brought back to Singapore yesterday evening.. well that gives me & my team approximately 3 weeks to do some magic. Among all the four Singaporeans posted here and are bringing processes back to Singapore, I have to say I have the worst exit plan.

Luckily for some reason I was also reading these pages a few days ago. Headline entitled "But It's Not Fair". Haha how applicable. "A feeling that our problem is unfair adds an additional ingredient that becomes a powerful fuel in creating mental unrest and emotional suffering." So how can we deal with this feeling of unfairness that seems to torture us when problems arise? Well the book had a more interesting account, but to save my laptop battery here, bottomline:

1) Accept the reality of these difficult situations - understand that difficult situations happen for a reason
2) Be initiative & accepting to changes, and bring about positivity in the changes
3) Have an action plan to address the problem, focus our energies on finding a solution & the problem can be transformed to a challenge.

Well yes, the situation is going to be very challenging! Lets see how my next three weeks turn out!

No comments: