Sunday, July 09, 2006


Air

Air Tokyo

One of Tokyo's hippest nightclubs, where they filmed Lost in Translation. The club is in the basement, with a good mix of hip-hop and house often spinned by famous DJs. Sound system is the best I have experienced so far. Costs 3500 yen per entry -- usually the less meat-market clubs with good DJs are that expensive. 1st floor is a cafe, and the dance action starts in the basement. Rachel and I watched Germany vs Portugal on the plasma @ the hip-hop dance area last night.

Update on yesterday's night program -- Spanish resturant (forgot the namecard!) was fabulous. We ordered 4 dishes & 4 desserts to share. One of the interesting highlights was 4 different types of olive oil were served, with the waitress explaining the origin and taste of all 4. I liked the Spanish's one best.

After that, I had my 1st Karaoke experience in Tokyo - my frens were all so excited for me... We first got a ticket, and my trader fren took a basket with 2 mics to our room... find it slightly hilarious since the style is so different from Singapore. The karaoke room was really small, but had really cool lightings once you START singing...(incentive!!). Frens were also crazy in that once the pop songs go on, we would be jumping up and down on the sofa seats...

Finally, the last destination for the interesting evening was Air. Although not supposed to be a meat-market place, I still see a handful of girls targeting Caucasians. Simply go up to them, start talking, and put their hands around their necks. Of course some were happy to respond, but some were only there for the DJ, not the meat. A handful of Japanese man came up to me, but their approach was definitely more civilised than other meat-market clubs.

Caught the 1st JR train back to Ebisu @ 5am. Was thinking of stopping this weekend clubbing lifestyle. But of course, I woke up to a call saying I would probably need to go clubbing next week because some frens need to check out the lightings... errh am I fated to club or what? feeling kinda tired about it though...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So Tokyo is famous for both meat-market and fish (tsukiji) market!