Thursday, February 11, 2010

Its Official





Its official - David is not scared of dogs. Sunday morning, we decided to bring Bobby, whereas M brought David along to Botanic. Initially, David was looking at Bobby - very curious. It was probably David's first time seeing a dog.

After a while, David wanted to touch Bobby, but Papa M said "No". I told him, if you don't allow David to touch the dog - I have witnessed for myself kids at 4-5 years old being so scared of dogs, they scream your house roof down. Yea, we hosted a dinner once, and their two kids were screaming in our house....Having heard that incident, M tilted the stroller towards Bobby. I stroked it first, and then David followed. Stroke one, stroke two, stroke three..aha getting comfortable, he grabbed Bobby's skin and hair - ok, enough he has break through that psychological barrier, and we decided we have achieved our Sunday morning goal :) Soon after M took out a bottle of water to wash David's hand, which was the right thing to do since David is at the age where he puts his hands into his mouth often.

I know some of my friends will tell their kiddos - Dogs are our friends. So, I hope that my intentions and views are correct, and that Baby G and Bobby will get along great in time to come!

4 comments:

An-An said...

so far, kae lurves to play with 2 of my frens' dogs. haha. she wld terrorize them until they run away from her everytime she goes near them! :P

eimi said...

haha, i believe its good to expose kids as much as possible when they are still at a fearless stage. Better that she terrorises doggies, than she is being ruled over by them!

Anonymous said...

Do you have copy writer for so good articles? If so please give me contacts, because this really rocks! :)

eimi said...

haha - thanks. The copy writer is Me, Me and Me.