Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Try Again

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- The Senate plans to vote on the $700 billion bank rescue plan Wednesday evening - two days after the House failed to pass it.

The economy no longer seems self-sustainable. Following a failed vote on a bailout the Dow Jones, posted a record slip of 7% on Monday. I remember watching the news on Tuesday morning in bed and my heart basically sank a little. More than $1 trillion in equity was wiped out by the market fall.

This wasn't the only reason my heart sank. On Tuesday, I experienced one of the greatest sabotage at work. I think I was made the scapegoat - not the first time. Thats how this team operates. They call it "team" but there will be attacks on their own team-member. I wonder how other teams will think of us when they see this self-sabotage? But hey, thats life/ reality in the workplace right? ;) I actually learned to smile despite these undue human inflicted pressure - quite a tough girl isn't it? ;) Not at all pleasant, but I am learning to handle....

Today is public holiday so I am home. Errh unbelivable but I kinda slept my day away. Besides chanting in the morning, writing this blog entry could be my only other productive thing. At 6:30pm, I have not even picked up the Straits Times - argggh forget it...

No comments: