Thursday, October 23, 2008

Hot Pot To Warm You

You don't travel to ChongQing without trying the magic of ChongQing hot pot. In fact we enjoyed it so much we went back twice to the same resturant. The broth includes chilli - which you can avoid; Ma La spice - which you can't avoid and it numbs your tongue if you happen to bite into it; and lots of oil. We love it especially when the weather was cool in the night. The heavily oiled and spiced soup boils releasing hazy steam (into my face?!); and we were perspiring a little in the coolness. We had the Yuanyang hotpot on both occasions as I couldnt quite take extreme spiciness.


This the the carnage after the meal.











This was our first meal as we entered the village area in ChongQing. Home-cooked. Although we were surprised that KJ has invited quite a bunch of relatives to welcome us - oh well what can be a better way to understand the locals better? ;)


Back to reality @ work, I felt hurt - I admit it. She has decided to change. The angel who used to say words of encouragement has decided to be proactive at attacking so as to secure her new found position. I don't blame her - she had it tough for one year already. But I am disappointed. I hope she wont lose herself, her own values. I know I have to let it go.

In a state of chaos and inequality, I feel a stronger need to go into spiritual practice.

My Yidam: Vajrasattva. By relying on Vajrasattva practice, gross and subtle negative imprints can be purified from our mind stream and we can thus break the chains of negativity that hold us down. Then we can start anew - crystal clear.

Manjushri: The Bodhisattva of Wisdom brandishes a sword above his head to cut away ignorance and the negative states of mind which form the basis of all suffering.

Green Tara: Buddha Tara tilts towards us in her great compassion to listen to our prayers, grant us our virtuous wishes and protect us as a mother would for her child.

Dzambala: He is most well known for being a Buddha of wealth with the rich gold colouring of his skin representing great increase and growth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy! Considence. I have just had a pot (Beaf stew) at my place, too. It is a good season to eat hot pot, isn't it (or in cold room in Singapore;) Miss you!

eimi said...

hehe - exactly! I ate it in ChongQing - cool autumn weather there... not really advisable in Singapore..

hope you are adapting very well in Paris..

thinking of ya! ;)